I ran across a washcloth puppet tutorial recently and having just seen some super cheap and fun polka-dot towels at the Zeeman, I had to make one. I ended up scaling up the pattern quite a bit or I don't think it would have fit over an adult hand. This may have been partly due to printing on A4 rather than Letter size paper, but I ended up roughly drawing the pattern again with the paper in "landscape" orientation.
If/when I make another one, I will probably switch the seam to run down the side rather than the middle of the head (the dorsal fin could easily be attached in a slit like the other fins). Overall this was a great (i.e. quick, easy, and pleasing) project. I got most of it done while the Wee Lass emptied a bag of clothespegs and happily tried to pry them apart.
Photographs and artwork by Allison Gryski. © All rights reserved.